Mixed Media

I finally did a bit of monoprinting over the weekend, and after my first one or two less-than-spectacular results, I resorted to printing and stamping directly on paper and fabric...actually, my preferred method of working anyway.  I'll have another go with monoprinting in the near future but I've gotten busy with other things for the time being.

Years ago, when I lived in San Francisco, I took a papermaking class at Magnolia Editions in Oakland, and thus began my infatuation with handmade paper.  I did several sessions on my own following the class, and produced a small stack of paper incorporating bits of fabric, unusual paper, thread, glitz and what-not.  The first three images here what I did on my handmade paper this past weekend. 

The last image below is a piece of sketchbook paper, monoprinted then overstamped.  I like it a lot.  I love the results of print on paper and I'm sure I'll do more in future. 

My most recent four sketchbook collages have been posted on their Page.

I printed fabric, as well, over the weekend, and I'll upload that in a day or two.  Also completed, another 12x12" Italy quilt.  Soon as I figure out what to call it, I'll post that too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment