Getting Back to Cruise

I just posted five new Sketchbook collages on their Page. About all I've gotten done in the last few days has been collages. But my really busy time with other stuff is officially over...so now I can slowly get back to the numerous art projects on the burners.  Today I decided definitively to do the backs of the pages in the Sketchbook collage journal, starting from the back and moving forward until I'm back at page 1.  Then I'll fashion a closure for the ever-thickening book.

Totally off topic but I want to share it with you -- I just watched Michael Jackson's This Is It DVD and I totally loved it. If you haven't seen it yet -- if you're a laggard like me -- then definitely see it. And don't forget the bonus stuff on the disk -- especially the chapter about costuming. The textiles those designers created, incorporating amazing technology and cutting-edge materials, are not to be missed.

I have a multitude of techniques that I hope to get back into sometime soon -- monoprinting, stamping, printing with thickened dyes, discharging.  Stay tuned to see what develops.

First up, though, Fiberactions' stretch-themed quilt, just waiting for more variegated thread before I start quilting.  I expect to have it finished by this weekend.  I have four quilts-to-be that I previewed fabrics for not long ago that I've decided to make into its own small series, or four pieces that go together, whatever that's called.  And that new series of smaller pieces, two of which I also have nearly ready to quilt.  And more Italy pieces ready to go.  Wow, lots to do!

0 comments:

Post a Comment