Mile Marker

This is my 100th post for 2010 on this blog. Sounds like a lot to me -- although it is fewer posts to date than 2009, and significantly less than 2008, my first year of blogging. I'm going to take the view that fewer blog posts means I'm being more productive in the studio than at the computer. A good thing, indeed!

Two recent views of my workbench...you can see lots of collage happening. I've started two small journals of collages, seen in this photo. I'll post images of the beginnings of them later. Speaking of collage, I just posted the latest three Sketchbook Project pieces on my Page.

The workshop last weekend was great fun. Wish it had been more of a controlled environment for dyeing, though, as some of the results weren't as I'd hoped. The gist of it, though, was to teach folks how to do their own dyeing with acid dyes, rather than produce a bunch of cool dyed stuff at the class. I'm quite sure the message got across.

I have a yard of fabric batching as we speak for the foundation cloth and backing of my "stretch" themed quilt, Fiberactions' current challenge. Later today I'll know for sure whether the idea I'm working on will fulfill the challenge or whether I'll have to move onto the next possibility.

Getting a very late start this morning -- it's 9:15 and I'm still in my jammies. Our recent North Coast weather, though, doesn't exactly make you want to jump out of bed in the morning and greet the sunshine...WHAT sunshine?

0 comments:

Post a Comment