Home Stretch

I'm really stoked about having five creative days ahead of me.  With my busyness of earlier this month, a longer than usual weekend hasn't happened in a while.

The collage above is a new one, in a larger format, 15x18 inches.  And the piece below is one of my four latest Sketchbook Project collages.  See them all here.  I'm working my way back to the front of the book, and each new page -- the back of an earlier collage -- is compatible colorwise with the piece facing it.  I'm at that point where I'm looking forward to finishing up and mailing it back to the Brooklyn Art Museum.  Time to move on to other pursuits.


I got several new art books this week that I want to share with you...the first one is Ruth Issett's Print Pattern & Color.  I'm especially excited about this one as I'm finally getting to print fabric again this weekend.  


The next is Linda Johansen's Fabric Dyer's DictionaryThis book is about using fiber reactive dyes, but one of my students brought it to the acid dyeing workshop a few weeks ago.  Fabulous recipes for exciting colors. 









Then there's Sherrill Kahn's Creative Mixed Media which I'll get to eventually.


And last, but certainly not least, Gail Callahan's Hand Dyeing Yarn & Fleece.  Although I'm not dyeing yarn or fleece these days, there are so many new and different methods of dyeing in this book that I just had to have it!  And the dyeing is done with acid dyes, which are near and dear to my heart.   

In other news, I finally got back to quilting this week.  In fact, I finished my "stretch" challenge quilt last night.  I won't be able to show that until September 15.  I'm quite happy with the way it turned out.

Anyway, I'm off to the studio.  I'll report back with new things to share throughout the weekend.  Ciao

0 comments:

Post a Comment