And Now, The Fabric

These are the best fabrics from my print session late last week.  The top is my favorite for obvious reasons.  It was a piece of muslin painted with Dynaflow a few months ago.  Last week I printed over it with metallic paint, rolling the paint onto the fabric with a rubbing plate underneath.  Love this technique!


Two fat quarters of muslin, previously printed and/or dyed, now overprinted with metallic paint. 

The last, a piece of raw silk that I'd deconstructed printed over a year ago.  Now it has new life... now I'll use it!

A note about what I use for metallic paint ~ Lumiere, Golden Fluid Acrylics, Createx Pearlescent Colors.  I've actually had these Createx paints since the early 1990s, and they're still good.  I finally got them out of their squeeze bottles, though, so now they're easier to use...and if they're easier to use, then I WILL use them. 

I've come to hate squeeze bottles because of how difficult it is to get paint or glue out of them, how hard it is on the wrists and arms.  Ditto the tiny twist caps on so many things these days...like water bottles!  I end up using my teeth on a lot of stuff, but I'm trying not to.  I just wish everything came in small wide-mouth pots with easily removable airtight lids. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment