While I'm Waiting...

While I'm still waiting for a DSL signal at home, I'll share with you from Starbuck's my latest article in the October/November 2010 issue of Quilting Arts.  I haven't received my subscription copy yet -- hopefully some of you will have by the time you read this.  It is such an honor that I've had two articles printed in QA this year!

And while I waited for the AT&T installer yesterday, I finished two of the last four Italy quilts.  Will post them this week.

I had the very same problem last year with DSL, when I set it up at the mobile.  The line is fine, the service going to the line is fine, the modem is fine and transmits a wireless signal, but the port for the DSL at the AT&T hub about a mile from the house probably needs to be replaced as it did last year.  It's looking suspiciously like the same problem again, with this new service in my studio.  Hopefully it won't take the month it took last year to get the problem solved.  I can't afford to buy treats at Starbuck's every time I need or want to go online!

p.s.  the quilt on the left page in the second photo, Going in Circles, is currently showing in the "simply irRESISTible" exhibit at some things looming Fiber Arts Gallery in Reading, PA.

0 comments:

Post a Comment