Personal Best

Just finished yesterday, Six Degrees ~ 17x23.5 inches, two pieces of fabric -- cotton on the right, linen/rayon on the left -- discharged with bleach.  The circle side was soy wax batiked then discharged.  The painted circles (with white centers) were appliqued on.  Since there were large areas without any quilting, I hand quilted each spot through all layers before adding each bead.  I normally just bead onto the top surface because there's enough quilting to hold the piece together.

This piece is a personal best for me.  I'm just loving it.

With all the rain we had this week, we also had numerous rainbows in Fortuna.  One in particular that happened at the end of day as I was driving home on Wednesday, was SO brilliant that it looked like a color wheel in the sky.  I could hardly believe just how saturated the colors were.  A peak experience!  And speaking of rain, there's more in the forecast everyday for the next week.  Fortunately there are moments when it lets up and the sun breaks through.  But it's getting pretty soggy up here on the North Coast.  However, I am NOT complaining!  I'd still rather be here than anywhere else in the world.

Well, I've gotten a late start today and there's lots to do.  Hope you have a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment