Making Waves

This is Amber Waves, my latest quilted art cloth piece measuring 27x14 inches.

I started with a really great piece of heavy cotton fabric that had originally been a tablecloth.  Over the past few years it was dyed and printed and finally shiboried.  And it was sitting in my "green" stack awaiting further instructions.

Just a cool piece of fabric that will look smashing on the wall.

It took me close to three studio days to do the beading.  The power was out for an hour this morning so I beaded by candlelight for a while.

I'm not sure what's next although I do have another piece ready to quilt.  I'm waiting for a flash of inspiration...something's brewing creatively that has no form or details yet.

I'm hoping that a few really spring days will propel me out of my recent lethargy.  It looks like the rest of this week will be mostly sunny, although it's still pretty dreary today.


So now I'm going to watch last night's Castle online and rest my hands.

0 comments:

Post a Comment