Sunday Studio Scene

Today and for the foreseeable future, I'm sewing beads on a newly created quilted art cloth piece.  I really enjoy the Zen of sewing beads on a quilt.  It's definitely good meditation time...also an excellent opportunity to work out details of other pieces and projects.

It's hardly stopped raining for the past week ~ although it looks like there's sun in the forecast this week with temperatures gradually increasing into the mid-60s.  Wow, spring!  I'm ready for it!

What with the lousy weather, the economy, and who knows else, not enough people registered to take the Introduction to Shibori Workshop at Origin Design Lab in Eureka, this weekend.  Instead, though, I'll be teaching one or two people at a time in my studio, in the very near future.  A dear friend suggested this to me last year -- providing one-on-one individualized instruction in surface design techniques in my studio -- and it looks like the idea is coming to fruition.  It's so hard to get a group of people together these days, in my neck of the woods with a pretty limited market.  But teaching in my studio, on demand as it were, looks like it might be the way to go.

If you would be interested in learning any of the surface design techniques listed on the Workshops Page here on the blog, one-on-one with me in my studio, all tools and materials provided except fabric...if you'd like to visit usually-sunny Fortuna in beautiful Humboldt County and spend a weekend playing and experimenting with fabric, dyes, etc...definitely let me know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment