Spring Fever

Now that it's finally really spring, I have Spring Fever big time.  I haven't wanted to do much of anything these past few days except sit in the sun on my patio and watch the bamboo grow.  That probably wouldn't be such a terrible way to spend my days, if I weren't feeling so guilty about it!

This is actually the first time in my life where I don't need to stress over earning a living.  I really can take things more easily now, I have enough money coming in so that I don't have to be constantly strategizing how I'm going to make it.  And I can see that it's going to take me a while to "debrief," to relax, to stop pushing myself, since I've been in that mode for over 40 years.

So I'm finding myself really unmotivated to make any art at the moment.  I am tinkering a bit with collage-making in little spurts most days.  But those couple of quilts that I have ready to go...but I just don't feel compelled to move on them.  It's possible things will change by the time you read this, but likely not. 

The Zen thing for me to do is to just go with this transitory time.  Just embrace it, be with it, don't try to change it.  And if I write anything more about it, I'll start analyzing myself, so I won't. 

The collage above is from my collection of new works.  This piece is 4x4 inches ~ I'm working in a variety of sizes, from these tiny ones up to 11x17 inches.  They'll start appearing on Collage Journey beginning Wednesday, May 4.

0 comments:

Post a Comment