August Solo Show

My second solo show this year is happening now through August 31 at Los Bagels Truchas Gallery in Eureka.  The entire gallery space is one long old brick wall of this lovely cafe in the heart of Old Town Eureka, at the corner of 2nd and E Streets.

And this is the entire show, 17 pieces.  If you're in the Humboldt area, please join me during Arts Alive! this Saturday, August 6 from 6-9pm at the reception.

In other news, yesterday I unwrapped those hot bundles of eco dyed fabrics that I steamed last Thursday.  Interesting results for my first go round with this dyeing method.  I'll post photos here over the weekend.  I prepared a cold bundle last week as well ~ although I plan to leave it sit for another three weeks (one month total), I did remove the very rusty iron tube I'd put in the bundle last week because I knew it would have eaten right through the fabric if left untouched for another three weeks.  Now the bundle will sit uncovered, damp until it dries through for the rest of its time.

Thanks to the women who purchased all the handmade fabric scraps I had.  About half of them went to the Netherlands!  I have a growing number of online friends and blogs reads originating in the Netherlands.

I'm feeling distracted today, as I did yesterday.  I'm learning to enjoy these spacey places, taking them for what they are ~ interstices or segues between thrusts of creativity.

Have a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment