Botany

I'm getting into a bit of a rhythm with eco dyeing now.  I have a continuous cellulose-fabric premordant operation happening.  I'm hot processing bundles a couple times a week, trying different mordant schemes (pre- and post) and using a selection of different plant materials and fabrics.  I'm especially loving eucalyptus stuff.

All of these pieces except the last one are eucalyptus prints.  I've got two species growing nearby that I have easy access to, and looking for others whenever I can.

These four samples are silk fabrics.




The last piece is rayon with one or another maple-type leaves growing in my neighborhood.

I've been enjoying the late summer sun when we have it.  Also getting close to finished on current Fiberactions' challenge quilt.  And otherwise laying low, under the radar as much as possible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment