Cold Bundling

I couldn't wait any longer to unwrap a cold bundle of eco dyed fabric...it was sitting for nearly a month and I just opened it.

The top image is a piece of silk chiffon that had crocosmia flowers, stems and leaves wrapped inside, along with an old rusty tube.  That was wrapped with an old linen hankie, photo below.

Mostly what you see are rust prints, the plant prints are much lighter.  And I took the tube out of the bundle after a week because I knew it would eat right through the fabric -- in fact, it did on the linen piece.

I'm steaming new hot bundles today with cellulose fabrics that have now been premordanted four or five times (the fifth soak being alum) ~ also some small swatches of raw silk and kimono silk.  These packets will wait for a week before I unbundle them. 

Gotta go gather more plant material!


0 comments:

Post a Comment