Discharge Trials

I've been working on my quilt for Fiberactions' "texture" challenge, to be revealed September 15.  In preparation for creating the top, I did some sampling with thiox discharge paste on black linen.

The only thing I can tell you about the quilt is that it will be a wholecloth piece of fabric.  You'll have to wait until 9/15 to see what I come up with.

While we're talking about Fiberactions, I also want to mention that the current challenge is the penultimate one for the group, and our last batch of quilts together will be revealed on November 15.  That will be the 2-year mark for the group, the end of our initial round of challenges.  At that point five of the original members will be leaving the group to pursue their own directions in fiber art, and we'll be welcoming two new members.  We'll proceed beyond mid-November with nine of us.  We'll be using the same blog but it will look different when the group changes.  Just stay tuned and you won't miss a thing.

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment