Altar to Art

My new mixed media studio!  And what it looked like before, below.  The table is six feet long although it looks shorter in the photo.  I still have little-used supplies stored behind the drawers, which roll out of the way for convenience.  And I'll be adding a shallow shelving unit between the table legs on the left. 

My work spaces always fashion themselves into altars ~ about every flat surface in my place is an alter of some sort, which is just fine with me.

The pennant shaped piece at the top of the first photo is a prayer flag, an early piece of surface designed cloth not useable for much else.  Embroidered on it is my recent catchphrase ~ Home Is Where The Art Is.

My new mixed media and book making books are in the post.  This week I'm putting finishing touches on the Fiberactions quilts, making two dozen new fabric collage textile postcards some of which will be going off to a show in Chico, CA middle of this month (along with two recent quilts), and I do plan to have a weekly journal quilt (my 9x12 series) to show as well.

So, on with the day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment