Home Is Where The Art Is


Today is reveal day for Fiberactions' 3rd color challenge, split complementary colors.  Instead of doing two pieces as I've done for the last two challenges, I did four!  The grouping is called Rose Cottage Quartet, each piece measuring 19x14 inches.  And meant to hang in no particular order.

I loved this challenge because I don't usually work with such contrasting colors, so it was a release of freedom to do so.  And I love the vibrancy of these colors together ~ turquoise (green-blue on the color wheel), red and orange.

I've also really been hankering to create quilted houses, which many other quilters have done.  And especially I was inspired by the paintings of my dear artist friend, Joan Gold.  The fact that these pieces are far more whimsical than my usual quilted fare honors the fact that I am letting myself loosen up as an artist.

Embedded in each piece, quilted in contrasting thread color, are the words "Home is where the art is."  The text is most evident in the bottom quilt on the right.  So apropos, since I live in my art studio!

0 comments:

Post a Comment