Catherine Jordan's Map Class

It's fun to take time off from designing and to learn something nePicturew!  I just signed up for a class by Catherine Jordan to be held in Austin in July.  It sounds really wonderful!

You get to be a map designer!  Using paint and dye and some stitching, you reproduce an old style map.  I am really looking forward to this one.

It's already hot here in Texas!  Not looking forward to the intense heat through September/October!  But with a little iced tea, air conditioning and a few trips to the beach, I guess it's not so bad.  A good reason to sit inside in the air conditioning and stitch.

Today, I was going through some old design work and to my surprise I found two unpublished designs from back in 2007.  They were actually pretty good, with a few tweaks here and there, I will probably publish them.  It's funny, there are some days when you really want to just stitch....no thinking about your next design, just stitch and then I have those days when I am in the designing mood! 

I also found a "small" that I did a few years back that I want to pass on to whoever would like to stitch it.  I chose some colors for it but you can use your imagination and make it yours!

Hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend!



You can add a heart charm of your choice in the place where there is not a heart or stitch another heart.  It can be put into a small frame or you can make it into a pin cushion.  Stitch it on a smaller
size linen and it could be a scissor fob.  Great idea for a stitcher's birthday or gift exchange.

0 comments:

Post a Comment