Friday's Child

This week's 9x12" journal quilt.  The foundation fabric is a piece of cotton duck that I painted on Wednesday.

The image is printed on homespun cotton -- I first tried various methods of image transfer and no combo of anything worked to my satisfaction (printer paper, inkjet print, water transfer, acrylic medium transfer, print on transparency then transfer, et al) so I resorted to the method that always works well for me.

The lace I've had for 40 years...used some of it back then on custom dresses I made at the time.

My obsession with ATCs continues ~ I've done about 15 this week.  I'm just loving them.  I especially like that I'm happy with what I'm creating, not trying to emulate others' work even though I'm using common techniques.  This is the way art should be ~ we learn from others and do our own thing. 

Tomorrow I'm going with a friend to the monthly meeting/workshop of NorBAG, the North Redwoods Book Arts Guild.  Looking forward to dipping my toes in the book arts arena.  Have a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment