Journals-To-Be

Over the last few days I pulled the guts out of these four books and recovered them.  Each will be an art journal.  The book on the left only had it's inner and outer spine covered, the rest have been fully remodeled.

I've been collecting a variety of good papers that I'm anxious to use for art journaling ~ Fabriano 90# watercolor paper, two different types of paper by Canson, Rives BFK printmaking paper.  The new journals will house largely, or exclusively, those papers.  I still have a stack of Gelli offprints to use as pages as well, so they'll likely get thrown into the mix.

The two journals on the left have the widest spines, at about 1 inch; the other two, about 1/2 inch.  I'll have two signatures each in the thinner books and possibly three in the bigger ones.  I'm liking journals with fewer pages to fill...than, say, altering a thicker book and wanting to be finished with it way before using up all the pages.  The reason I chose these books is because each is a good size for art journaling.  The smallest is 7 x 10 inches.

I'll post closeups when each journal is bound.  And I'll be posting page images as I'm working in them.  I've still got half a dozen pages to fill in my current art journal, Little Gems.  More images from that book to come. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment