Less Is More

I'm doing some different (for me) collage work now, largely inspired by two new mixed media buddies of mine, John Arbuckle and Terry Garrett.  These guys are both collage gurus for me.

These first three pieces are postcard size and the background is a piece of scrape-painted paper.  Scrape painting is applying the paint with an old credit card, dragging the paint across the surface.


The two above, also postcard size, have as a background a very old original collage of mine that I over painted and textured a couple years ago.

These ATCs began with a small piece of watercolor paper painted several months ago and cut to size yesterday.

I'm enjoying this less-is-more approach to collage and plan to continue on in this vein for a while.  At this point I don't plan to send any of this group of cards to anybody. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment