Arashi Today

Arashi chiffon scarf Arashi chiffon scarfToday I arashi'd this silk chiffon scarf that I painted yesterday. I'm waiting for another painted scarf to dry, with its added metallic highlights, and then I'll be posting these handpainted beauties to Etsy as a new and growing collection. The scarf blanks are from China, 100 percent silk, handrolled hems, and a delight to work with. This one here is a 35" x 35" square. Mostly I'll be doing rectangles.

I dye painted a new crop of fabric pieces yesterday -- some turned out fantastic, some not as good. Now I'm tweaking my dyeing/printing accumen with regard to different fabrics and percentages of dyes so I have a bit more control over the results.

I'm also warping my loom with 10 yards of cotton/tencel warp, for a batch of cellulose fiber fabrics for my growing stack of handwoven cloth. Back downstairs I go, to finish up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment