Biting The Bullet

I spent a good deal of time this weekend considering lowering the prices on my handwoven scarves and shawls. And just did it.

I love all the kudos I always get on my work, and I certainly don't value it any less now than I did when the prices were higher. But I came to the conclusion that I had priced myself right out of the market. And I really DO want to sell my work -- I don't want to merely say I sell it, put it out there for sale, but then not actually sell any of it! I've been having this "price/value" conversation for a long time -- years, actually -- but I'm tired of being at the forefront of the debate with no sales to show for it.

The new prices still feel good to me as the artist, and the pieces should be of even higher value, now, to my buyers. And considering that most weavers who sell at Etsy are vastly underpricing their work, my work is still on the high end for that venue -- despite now being more than fifty percent less costly than they were!

So go again to my Etsy shop and my website, and if you've lusted after any of my handwovens before but just couldn't consider buying them, perhaps now you can. And we'll all be happy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment