Not My Color

I'm grousing a bit today...thinking about a friend who, earlier this year, said she loved a scarf that I'd woven and would buy it if it were her color. In a moment of desperation a couple months later, I thought about calling her and offering to dye it for her, but decided I really didn't want to.

But that whole scenario is one of many reasons I decided to turn my focus away from the wearable art market -- except for the handpainted silk scarves I've been doing lately. If folks love a piece of art, they'll make room for it in their environment. Not so with wearable art -- it has to be just the right color to wear it on the body. I mean, let's face it, I feel the same way! I'm very color conscious when it comes to clothing myself. Some people, obviously, don't favor the same colors I do, or they wouldn't use that excuse for not buying my work.

I'm having a bit of a down day today but I won't bitch anymore here. If you can't resist hearing more of what I have to say today, though, check it out here on my other blog. Otherwise, I'll see you tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment