Vanilla Cream

Handwoven cellulose fabrics Another morning of fulfillment, as I laundered these just-off-the-loom cellulose fabrics. The warp for this batch is 10/2 cotton/tencel and each piece measures 22" in width. From the top down, they are:
  • cotton flake weft, 34" in length
  • cotton/tencel weft, 54" in length
  • linen weft, 66" in length
  • cotton/rayon weft, 82" in length
  • organic cotton weft, 66" in length

I always used to hand launder my handwovens but since I've been weaving plain fabric, I've been machine laundering -- wash AND dry -- and the resulting cloth is something else entirely from what I was getting before. These pieces are soft and drapey, wonderful to touch, very sensual overall. I'm hooked, now, on machine laundering.

The first one of these I plan to finish off is the third from the top, that piece I wove with random pickup shibori wefts. I know what I want to do and plan to have it complete within the next week.

Today is a dyeing day -- fabrics and scarves to be overprinted on tomorrow or this weekend. So more, later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment