Random Pickup

Random pickup loom-controlled shibori The fourth piece of fabric on my cotton/tencel warp is well underway, this time with linen weft.

I've been so enchanted with hand-stitched mokume shibori that I decided to weave this loom-controlled shibori piece utilizing random pickup of warp threads for the supplementary weft pattern. I actually do have the loom set up for 24-end block Monk's Belt, and an earlier piece on this warp was woven like that. But I thought I'd give this very random pickup a try, and I'm curious about what it will look like when it's dyed and finished. Increasingly I'm being drawn away from "regular" patterning towards more organic, whatever happens, happens designs.

It's raining steadily here right now, so I guess it's safe to say the rainy season is upon us. I don't plan to leave the house today, and very glad of it. I do like to hunker down when the weather is inclement, particularly at this darkening time of year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment