Trust

Following the lead of Christine Kane and folks who read her blog, I have chosen TRUST as my Word of the Year for 2009. Among Trust's many dictionary definitions are "reliance on the integrity, strength and ability of a person or thing," and "confident expectation of something; hope."

Trust, for me, is about letting go, allowing, having faith in the process, granting permission for life to unfold in its own way, at its own pace...and knowing, inside, that it's all good, whatever happens, that it was meant to be just this way.

Here are some opening thoughts on Trust as I move into 2009:

  • I trust that I am exactly who I need to be at this point in my life.
  • I trust that I am exactly where I need to be right now -- financially, emotionally, artistically, spiritually, etc.
  • I trust that everything that happens to me is the best possible thing that could happen.
  • I trust my inner knowing to guide me.
  • I trust that if something works for me, regardless of whether or not it works for anybody else, that it is right for me, here and now.
  • I trust that the right opportunities will open themselves to me at the right time.
  • I trust that my dreams are manifesting, in their own process of evolution.

Really trusting in these things means I can relax. I can do my work with the best of intentions, and know that everything is working together for my highest good and for the highest good of all concerned. I can go about the business of living with a greater sense of joy and light-heartedness. I don't have to try to hold all the balls up in the air by myself. I don't have to be responsible for things that are beyond my control. If something is meant to happen, it will happen.

It's as simple as that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment