New Digital Quilt

I just finished my latest digital quilt, meaning I printed digital images on fabric, stitched them together, backed it with a recent shiboried fabric, then quilted it. Here are two closeups:

I'm thinking of calling this piece Angels & Insects, but I won't know for sure until I printed the label on fabric. The designs remind me of winged creatures -- maybe that's what I'll call it, instead! It's actually another photo I took of one of my deconstructed screens with dried thickened dye on it, before it was used to print fabric. The pattern was created on the screen with fern fronds and palm leaves.

I've also been finishing up a piece of art cloth, something I began months ago. Actually eons ago, seeing as the piece used to be a handwoven shibori scarf that I subsequently didn't like. Anyhow, it is nearing completion.

This is some of what I've been working on this week. Check back tomorrow to see more.

p.s. I joined Twitter today, and we'll see what becomes of that. I've been so resistant to the social media phenomenon, but I'm thinking it might be a good idea to build buzz on my art. Feel free to comment about your experiences with tweeting, I'd love to hear what you have to say about it.

Ciao!

0 comments:

Post a Comment