Thinking Of Italy

This week's quilt, 25/52.2009 ~ Tuscany...

I have been thinking about Italy lately. And this little quilt said Tuscany to me -- although it probably more brings to mind the gorgeous ceramics from Deruta, a little town in Umbria. But Deruta doesn't resonate the way Tuscany does! The fabrics above are numerously printed cotton and raw silk. And the little piece in the center was my very first digital image transfer on fabric, before I began printing directly on cloth. I stenciled Lumiere over the transfer months ago, and the piece had been sitting in a basket for months.

A new twitter friend, Lisa Sonora Beam, is leaving soon for Spain, France and Morocco, and I can't help thinking about being in wonderful places with beautiful landscapes and inspiring art everywhere.

But anyway, back in Humboldt County, another misty, damp just-about-summer morning awaits my brief trek to the studio!

0 comments:

Post a Comment