February Photo Quilt One

Another month, another photo of Italy to inspire a quilt -- this one from a walk in the hills around Bellagio, another stunning town on Lake Como. I've named the quilt Autumn in Bellagio, and it is 20x16 inches.

We had walked up these steps on our journey, and I turned around and shot this photo before continuing on.

After the top was stitched together, I used different rubbing plates with Shiva Paintstix to add detail. The base fabrics were jar dyed, shiboried and printed.

I have something completely different for the second iteration of this photo -- I'll have that completed by the end of the month. Meanwhile, the second monthly collage quilt is ready for me to quilt and finish next week.

Another blogging friend mentioned on her blog yesterday about Blogger now having Page capability on their blogs -- you can check out the two Pages I set up yesterday on my blog home page, on the left right under the title banner!

0 comments:

Post a Comment