February First

It's just the first of the month, and here's Circles #2, February's entry for my 12x12" circles challenge. This one will get a frame later in the week. The fabric is an interesting piece of muslin that I shibori dyed last year. I tore off strips of the best circle impressions and laid them on top of the background, and then I added some circular pieces of fabric from elsewhere on the original fat quarter.

I've been dyeing up a storm for three days straight but won't post any photos until late tomorrow. I'm still working on getting the results I want -- depth of shade and quality of patterning. There's such a learning curve with fiber reactive dyes...I've been at it for over a year and I'm still endeavoring to perfect a method that works for me consistently and produces the results I want.

Today I started working on Fiberactions' Communication quilt, due to be revealed on March 15. I'm pretty excited because I love the fabrics I'm working with and I think the quilt is going to be really cool! I've also got a stack of fabrics selected for February's first collage quilt -- and I'm jumping these pieces up to 16x20 from last month's 12x16. I don't like challenges to be too easy -- then they're not a challenge!

0 comments:

Post a Comment