Small Art

This is a tiny 8x8" piece I completed this week -- not sure yet what I'm going to call it. I was going to submit it to Art Quilt Studio, Stampington's new art quilting periodical...but it's a good thing I got in touch with them beforehand regarding a question I had about submissions, because they're ceasing publication after this spring's issue!

The theme for the challenge was Closets and what's in them. My little quilt is made of a digital image I took over a year ago of some of my first surface designed fabrics hanging on a bulletin board (actually a row of wine corks glued to a slat of wood, then nailed to the wall). After quilting I added metallic paintstix all over.

So, there's no chance of my little piece here getting into the aforementioned publication...however, I do have an article coming out in the April/May issue of Quilting Arts about letting surface designed fabrics speak for themselves in art quilts! I am really stoked about this, my first opportunity to be published! If you don't subscribe to Quilting Arts, you'll have to look for the spring issue on the newsstand, probably about mid-March.

I'm feeling a lot of dyeing coming on this weekend. Looking forward to having a bunch of new fabrics to work with!

0 comments:

Post a Comment