The Next Photo Quilt

I finished my second version of the photo taken in Citta di Castello, IT (mistaken in the first quilt as San Sepolcro) and named it Citta di Castello. Compare with the first quilt, here. I'm actually happier with this second piece because I'm leaning more toward abstract work than pictorial or representational.

With this quilt's completion, I have already met my goal and stretch goal for this month, i.e., four 16x12" quilts finished. And it's only the 19th! Oh yeah, and I did Eclipse last weekend, that little discharge quilt that I'm loving seeing on my studio wall.

And then, today I quilted my January circles 12x12" piece, the latest challenge I added last week...and I've got something else in mind for the last week of the month. Maybe it's because these pieces are relatively small, or maybe it's just because I'm on a roll...but I am beginning to amass quite a body of work.

Thinking ahead to next year, I'd like to hang a show somewhere of the photo to fabric quilts, each pair along with an 8x10 copy of the image that inspired them. And perhaps a show of the collage quilts and their paper collage inspirations.

I'm feeling like I want to work bigger, and I continue to be intrigued by the possibilities of square work. I'm thinking perhaps my next monthly challenge -- if the next quilt spawns another personal challenge -- will be 24x24." Stay tuned!

0 comments:

Post a Comment