Photo to Fabric

This is my first "photo to fabric" quilt of 2010, and again I chose a photo from my trip to Italy as inspiration. The 16x12" quilt is called San Sepolcro after the town where the photo was taken. San Sepolcro is in Tuscany, very close to where I stayed in Umbria on my trip, and among other things is the birthplace of the painter Piero della Francesca.

Actually, many streets in Italy look like this, so this could be any number of places. I had to refer back to my photos to figure out where it was!

The fabrics used here are linen and cotton, the bright orange printed piece was an old linen napkin, the darkest pieces are discharged, and the sky is suminagashi'd muslin.

I have no idea, yet, how I'll interpret this photo for the next quilt (to comply with my challenge of two quilts each month from one photo). Maybe I'll just move on to another photo. I can break my own rules, can't I?

0 comments:

Post a Comment