First Quilt This Year

My first finished piece of the new year, Wave of The Future, 16x12, part of my growing collection of quilts based on paper collages. The actual collage, which I used as inspiration, is not nearly as color-boosted as the digital image of the collage, at bottom. I took the photo early last year and tinkered with it in Photoshop. Always thought it would make good quilt material, and here it is!

The fabrics are mostly cottons, with a few pieces of linen, and all low water dyed, shiboried, printed, screened and/or stamped.

I have another collage piece ready to quilt, as well as a photo-inspired piece. I'll likely do the latter first, to complete half of my declared monthly personal challenge this year. (The collage quilts, two a month hopefully, are my stretch challenge.) There are lots of other projects in the works, as well, although mostly in my head at this point.

It's a beautiful winter morning here on the North Coast, rather mild, little chance of rain today. And after doing some personal business, I'll spend the day in the studio, getting the next jump on this new year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment