Boreal Forest

Today is reveal day over at Fiberactions' blog.  Our theme this time is "environment" and my quilt is entitled Boreal Forest.  I just love these fabrics together.  I'd been saving them on my design wall for over a year, waiting to become something similar with a forest or mountain theme, and this challenge turned out to be the right time and place to use them.

I live in redwood country, far northern California.  We also have our share of Douglas fir as well as numerous other coniferous trees.  You can see stands of big trees virtually everywhere (as long as you don't fly over and catch sight of the clearcuts from a decade or two ago).

Humboldt is a particularly environmentally-aware county.  I wouldn't live here if the environment weren't such a big part of the attraction.  I love living close to the mountains, surrounded by big trees, virtually right next to a river, and minutes from the ocean.  With wide skies, to boot!  Being that we're off the beaten path to such a large extent, most folks would never want to live here -- which is just fine with me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment