Off and Running

I've hit the ground running already this year.  I spent some time over the weekend reorganizing my front room studio where I do wet work -- it's also my kitchen and living room (and bedroom at night) -- so I could get back into surface design.

I began experimenting with monoprinting -- something I've wanted to do for a long time -- using paints of various consistencies.  The first piece here is on fabric, the second on a sheet of paper I made 20 years ago.  Obviously I'm just getting started but I've at least gotten to the point where I can see the possibilities inherent in the technique.

And I have a new method of working these days ~ which is to give myself a couple of weeks to a month or longer to work on a technique, so that I can build my skills, experiment, try new things as they occur to me -- without feeling that I need to pack it all up and get onto the next technique right away.  Maybe I'll only work on a few techniques this year, but I intend to go deeper now into fewer things.  There are some processes that are on the "kill" list, things I don't want to go any farther with than I already did.
 
I started building a storefront on Zazzle yesterday, but won't promote it until I've got a few more items available.  Primarily I'll be using it as a means of getting my collage images and manipulated sky photos out to the world on functional merchandise.  So stay tuned for the public launch in the next few days.

I began this blog three years ago this month, and I'm planning to do a Third Blogaversary Giveaway, although the idea just came to me so I don't have details at the moment.  Something else to stay tuned for.  My annual posts have decreased since my first year, and I figure it'd be another two or three years until I hit my 1000th post here.  Hence, the year three celebration.

My word for 2011 was going to be BRILLIANCE -- and it still is -- but I've also added RADIANCE and AUTHORITYAuthority as in my being the only one in charge of my life and my art.  I see and feel myself stepping up to the plate in all aspects of my life.

Hope your year is off to a good start, as well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment