Year in Review

This is one of four pieces I plan to complete in January (they're all basted now) -- the four that I've mentioned innumerable times.  This little series is local art, the featured digital images taken right here in Fortuna.  The sky images themselves could be the start of another series of small works.  To see my daily sky images, check out Sky Journal.

2010 was a productive year for me in many ways ~~
  • at least 60 quilted pieces were completed, many of those small to medium sized and framed
  • probably 400 collages got made, considering the various journals I've been working in
  • huge changes took place in my personal life (way smaller digs, happily solo again, financial house in order)
  • creative doors closed making way for new adventures to come (no more spinning, weaving, jewelrymaking -- although some supplies are still available here).
As I move into 2011 my creative "vision" still seems a little murky when I try to articulate it verbally.  So I'm going to quit trying to name it, because words just get in the way.  It's evolving in its own right, on its own terms, in its own way, if I just don't try to categorize it.  I'll let it be what it wants to become and go along for the ride.

Happy New Year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment