Books & Blogs

I seriously considered getting on the calendar bandwagon this holiday season, with images of the daily collages I produce and post to Collage Journey.

The problem I encountered is that neither Lulu nor Blurb have calendars that open in the vertical format.  Duh, why the heck not?  I'm not keen on calendar pages with vertical images surrounded by large blank areas.  I have been making some collages recently in horizontal format, but frankly I don't like them as much as my vertical pieces. 

Maybe this will work next year -- I did make a suggestion to the powers that be at Lulu that perhaps I'm not the only artist who would prefer vertical orientation for their images.

I've also thought about self-publishing a book of collage images but there were too many decisions.

Instead, what I've done is create Archive Pages on Collage Journey, where I have between 80 and 100 images at a time, beginning at the beginning.  Since Picasa Web Albums (part of the evergrowing Google conglomerate) already contains everything I've ever posted to all of my blogs, this was a fairly easy thing to do.  Archive 1 is here; Archive 2 is here.  I'll get around to the next couple of Archives later this week.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment