Design Frenzy

I got going on a couple of back-burner projects this week.  The first -- not as back-burner as gotta-pull-something-out-of-the-bag -- is Fiberactions' "environment" themed quilt, due January 15.  For weeks nothing has grabbed my imagination with this word, but finally something clicked.  So because I want to use for that piece some of my handmade fabrics that have been earmarked for two other quilts, I've moved forward on the two other quilts to I know what fabric I have left for "environment."  Whatever gets you moving!

The two quilts just mentioned are part of a 4-quilt series that I've talked about a couple times over the last few months.  I decided I want to have them ready for my show at Curley's Grill in Fortuna, April & May 2011.  Two of the four came together months ago -- I just need to take all the steps necessary to get the fabric to be a quilt...but the designs are good to go.  The other two, the ones I'm working on this weekend, have taken a lot more effort to meet my own requirements.  Just finished off on the design on one this morning -- will get to the other one later today. 

I'm quite keen on listening to myself, my own critique, my own judgment when I'm designing.  I recognize those moments when I want to go with what I've got just to get it done, enough so to put something on the shelf for a few days, keep looking at it and trying different fabrics and/or arrangements, and then coming back a while later to redesign the whole thing before I get what I really like.  It's a process I'm developing more trust in as I age.

If you're a knitter or crocheter, or interested in handspun yarn to weave with, check out the yarns I've listed at my Etsy Shop this week.  A couple of enormous cartons of handspun yarn have boiled down to only these remaining skeins now available at Etsy. 

Thanks for reading, and have a wonderful weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment