Recycle to Upcycle

Twenty years ago I was experimenting with abstract work on paper.  I had had a few pieces framed and displayed them in my home or office.  A few years ago I got rid of the frames, which I no longer liked, and imagined doing something else with the paintings eventually.

Concurrently, for years I've lamented my collection of ugly but extremely functional industrial/office bookends, those beige metal things we've all seen or worked with.  This morning, these two streams of thought came together.  And now I no longer have bookends I hate looking at.

You could do this with any mixed media work on heavy paper, and if I had yet more bookends to cover, I might do just that.  But I'm probably set with these, for the rest of my life, or until I ever decide to change them.

An unanticipated delight from cutting up those old paintings ~ I like the work a lot better now, in bite sized pieces!

0 comments:

Post a Comment