Something New

A piece of mokume stitched cotton dyed earlier this week.  I dyed this standing up in a jar with some pole wrapped pieces.  The pole wrapped fabrics were too thick for the dyes to penetrate much beyond the top layer, despite my batching the jar for nearly 20 hours.  That's okay, though, this was yet another experiment (aren't they all?) and I'll be moving on to low water dyeing next.

But I do love this mokume.  The results are SO worth the effort to stitch the fabric by hand.

Tonight I'm speaking to the local Eel Valley Quilt Guild, doing a presentation on using hand surface designed fabrics for art quilting to a group of mostly traditional quilters.  Should be a blast.  I'll have many fabric bundles available for sale there, and what doesn't sell I'll list in the shop over the weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment