Best of the Batch

I did a batch of jar dyed fabric on Saturday ~ this piece is the best of the results.  It's always iffy using colors you're unfamiliar with, and this time was no different.  This piece of silk rocks, though.

I want to push the envelope with this dyeing method for shibori, and have my next few batches planned for this week and beyond.  I also have some discharge shibori coming up.

I'm finding myself gravitating more toward shibori ~ even more experimentation than I've already done in the past few years with numerous methods of dyeing.  And more shibori quilting.  It's such a natural, organic process for me to quilt shibori fabric, it feels totally right.

I'm not much of a football fan anymore although I was for a while, a few years back.  Anyway, I just had to watch yesterday's Superbowl to see if the Patriots could pull it out of the bag on the rematch against New York.  Oh well, I still love Tom Brady.

Have a great week.  I'll be back tomorrow with a new collage.

0 comments:

Post a Comment