Black and White and Read All Over

"Whole Earth Catalog" book, 4.75x5.5 inches
Recently I found a copy of the millennium edition Whole Earth Catalog at the thrift store, and knew I wanted to make a book with the pages.  There are enough pages to make a small library, as you probably know.  I'm sure many of us grew up with the WEC as a bible of new age, green, counter-cultural resources. 

Coptic bound using hand spun hemp thread

I used random pages from the catalog, covering all manner of subjects, and bound them in with the text running alternately horizontally and vertically.  I didn't intend for the pages to be written on.  The paper is a bit thinner than preferable for writing or drawing on, but heavy enough to hold up well to hand binding.

So, no function necessarily.  Except to be a cool hand bound book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment