Triple-Chain Trio

I made a trio of triple-chain stitched soft cover books yesterday.  They're samples for the workshop I'll be teaching at the NorBAG meeting in May.  The difference between the three lies at the top of each, on the left in the photo.  Minor variations.  I'll likely teach the middle way (isn't the middle way always better, in every domain of life?).  That's Keith Smith's original triple-chain stitch. 

The top and bottom covers are scrapbook cardstock -- wish they were just a bit heavier.  But I did sew a contrasting strip of paper at the edge of the front and back in both instances.  The middle cover is watercolor paper that I painted variously, over a period of time, and it's quite sturdy.

Have a good weekend.  It hasn't stopped raining on the North Coast in close to 36 hours.  The Eel River at Fernbridge is expected to rise to low-monitor stage over the weekend -- could be worse.  But it's really wet out there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment