A Full Life

I'm feeling especially thankful today for the full life that I have ~ full of wonderful people, many of whom I may never meet in person, full of creativity, full of good health, full of peace and tranquility.

In addition to continuing on with my recent creative pursuits ~ painting and collage ~ I am taking an online class called The Thread That Weaves from Roxanne Stout.  I'll be making an artist book, trying to bring together in one place the elements that run through my art/my life.  Knowing me, there will likely be two or more artist books here ~ how can I possibly get all the pieces of my art/my life in one book.

I also just joined Teesha and Tracy Moore's new adventure, The Artstronauts Club.  Membership includes full access to daily-weekly-monthly goodies such as printables, tutorials, inspiration, articles and more.

I am more than amply blessed with time, and that would be quality time to do my own thing.  Despite aging, as we all are, I have never felt this sense of freedom at any other time in my life.  In many ways I feel I am growing younger, because my early life was so difficult and I missed the good parts of childhood and adolescence.

I have been blessed with good health.  And the older I get, the less I take that for granted.

I am solo in life ~ on my own with no family relations.  The older I get, the more of a blessing that becomes.  This is the first Thanksgiving that I can honestly say I haven't had even a twinge of feeling left out or alone.  I'm rocking my life on my own and I love it.

The torii gate in the collage above symbolically represents the transition between the material, profane world and the spiritual, sacred life.  Often, I feel that I live in that place.  Eternally grateful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment