Atmosphere

The last lesson in Jane Davies' Dynamic Composition is about creating atmosphere, or depth.  It's not terrifically different from earlier lessons where we layered numerous elements in a painting...except that perhaps there's more of a conscious intention here to create depth, by more layering in the background before adding foreground elements.

I've been meaning to say a few words about leaving comments here on the blog.  I love your comments, and I always try to respond when anyone asks a question of me.  If you do comment, you know I reply to you by email, instead of replying on the blog itself in the comments section.  The thing is, often your comments come to my email from "soandso at noreply dot blogspot dot com," which means if I do email you back, my reply ends up lost in cyberspace.  For those of you who are friends, who I have regular email contact with, I'll make sure my reply goes to your real email address.  But for newbies here, or people who don't comment regularly, unless you've got a Blogger/Google account with a valid email, then I can't respond to you.

All that to say, this week I changed the settings on the comments section here to specify that anyone with a Google account can comment.  Nearly everyone has a Google account, so if you leave a comment and sign in with your Google account, then the comment should come to me from your email account -- at least I think that's how it should work.  Previously I had comments set to Registered Users Only, but I'm not even sure what that means.

Another thing about commenting, very occasionally someone will tell me they simply cannot leave a comment on the blog.  My investigations into this in the past have indicated that usually the commenter is using a Mac rather than a PC platform.  I don't know how or why that happens, since I'm not a Mac user, and it obviously doesn't happen for everyone because I know a lot of you guys are die-hard Mac users. 

Anyhow, if that ever happens to you and you find you can't leave a comment the regular way, there's always a link on my side bar for you to email me directly.  It says to email me if you want to subscribe by email, but it's just an email link, so say whatever you want if you use that to comment on a blog post.

Okay ~ have a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment