Line Play

This week's lesson has been to play with lines.  These are four studies, just 5-1/2 inches square each.  The line in each piece is made with something different.  I love the color palette in these...I'm calling it Tequila Sunrise.  Above, the line is acrylic ink applied with a small piece of bamboo, 1/8 inch in diameter, homegrown to boot.

Here the line was made with a Sharpie Poster Paint pen, which I like because of its blackness, but I also don't like it because the line shatters when the nib goes over anything that's not perfectly smooth. 

Here the line was made with a purple Caran D'ache aquarelle pencil.

The last line was made with a Prismacolor Ebony jet black pencil.

I've already enrolled in Jane Davies' Extreme Composition online class, which will begin on Wednesday, January 8. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment