Book Work

I have an additional project going on this month that I didn't mention last week.  I'm doing Tammy Garcia's December Rainbow Escape, a color- and technique-focused art journal project.  The commitment is for seven journal spreads during the month of December.  So I made myself an art journal, which you see above.  I used one of my big (11x17) collages from a few years ago, cut down to size, and my pages are 7-1/2 x 7-1/2 inches.  There's just one signature of four folios inside, which gives me seven two-page interior spreads.  I'm working on the first journal spread now and will post later this week.

These two photos are the outside (above) and inside of the artist book I'm making in Roxanne Stout's The Thread That Weaves online class.  This is a piece of watercolor paper, 6 x 18 inches, that I gessoed on both sides, covered the outside faces with paper on the sides and ecodyed fabric and cheesecloth in the center, and "aged" the inside faces with paint.

I hope to complete the book (the first book, that is) in the next day or two, so look for it here later this week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment