Modern Life

I could have called this Modern Life ~ Today and Yesterday.  I love juxtaposing images in creative ways.  This is the opening page of my new art journal, which I think I'll call Modern Life.  I mean, why not? 

As mentioned previously, I plan to do numerous things in this journal.  But the theme or thread that weaves it all together is that everything will be in neutrals.  I've always been a big fan of neutral colors, despite my forays into rainbows and wild colorways, and the 61 small collages I did last summer for the 2013 Index Card a Day Challenge sealed the deal on this new journal.  It just took me a few months to begin.  Click the link to see what I did for that challenge.  All of those pieces are about 4 x 5 inches, whereas the pages in my journal are 9 x 9 inches.

I completed a third Thread That Weaves triptych book yesterday and will post it tomorrow.  I think it's my favorite of the bunch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment