Yellow Orange

The next December Rainbow Escape journal spread.  As you see, I'm following the color wheel in order rather than jumping around.  I love things organized by color, rainbow-wise, and a journal like this is no different.  The technique on this spread is doodles.  I've used my favorite space-filling doodle, wonky roundish shapes.  This was also my favorite way to fill in art quilt backgrounds, with wonky quilted circles.

I've been messing around with ideas in my head for a second artist book ala The Thread That Weaves.  If you missed my first book, you can see it here.  This one will be nature oriented, that much I know.  I'd actually like to do a series of nature journals with different styles of bookmaking, and I'll begin this journey with a triptych. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment